Friday, October 5, 2012

Burning the Midnight Oil

This weekend is my university's Renaissance faire. It's more about fun than any sort of historical accuracy, but I'm looking forward to the opportunity to wear 16th century clothes. I have a new outfit to debut, too! It is just about done, except for the wrist ruffs I am making (to match this neck ruff).

I just finished the itsy bitsy rolled hem on one of the lengths of silk organza. There's a straight pin (and my fingers) for scale. I did a LOT of rolled hemming during my internship this summer! I can now roll and stitch a hem simultaneously, which makes it go pretty quickly. The wrist ruffs each will have 45" in them, gathered into 6" wristbands. More on the rest of the ruff making process later!


2 comments:

Sarah W said...

Wow. That's one tiny hem....

Kleidung um 1800 said...

What a delicate hem! I would really love to see a tutorial on this. Unfortunately my rolled hems are never that neat & tiny :(

Sabine